This morning on the drive to work, I was listening to my favorite Christian Radio. The announcer said, “We have a prayer request for ‘blah blah blah’ so let’s all pray for this person.” As I am programmed to do, I promptly dropped my head onto my chest in the prayer position. Don’t worry, I promptly lifted it up again when I realized where I was.
I could see me explaining the accident to the cops. If I could still breathe, that is. ”Well officer, I was just praying for some poor sap who lost everything and had nothing to live for. Just an innocent little prayer.” ”Were your eyes closed, sir?” “Officer, of course my eyes were closed. It’s a prayer and you are supposed to close your eyes to shut out distractions as you pray to God.” ”Even while driving?” “That was a slip-up officer and would never happen again. I forgot where I was.” ”Ok sir, go in peace and keep your chin up.”
If only it was that simple but I just wanted to share with you that little incident. I found it funny at the time.
- What I Learned in 2011: Prayer Should be Done a Little Bit Everyday (christopherscottblog.typepad.com)
- A Praying Family (thechristianpundit.org)
- Praying Boldly in 2012 (maribellecruz.wordpress.com)
- Just Pray! (thedistinctdot.com)
- Should we kneel in prayer? (immoderate.wordpress.com)