Kirk Cameron has a take too.
After the furor over Kirk Cameron’s anti gay remarks, I wrote a blog paying respect to him for standing up for his beliefs, popular or not. Read it here. To quote a bit of Kirk’s controversial statement, he said homosexuality is ‘unnatural..detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization.”
Kirk, ever a true gentleman, defended his comments yesterday. He blames the media and especially Piers Morgan for putting him on the spot with such a hotly debated and personal question. (I agree with him there). In his words, ”I don’t change my feeling about the comments,” he said. “To take some answers, reduce an important and personal and sensitive issue to a four-second sound bite and toss it into a community to start a political bonfire and really upset people you’re looking to protect was disingenuous.”
I still applaud Kirk’s frankness, ( just like I would appreciate your telling me if I smell). Whether we like it or not, it’s better to know exactly how the people around us feel about us and not assume everyone is our friend and embrace our lifestyle.
I do not have the intestinal fortitude to debate the lifestyle choice of others. I am not even sure I have the qualifications to even do so.
Piers called Kirk’s statements ‘bigoted‘. I failed to see that. In my view, being anti something does not necessarily makes the person a bigot. It’s just his take, respect it.
- Piers Morgan Responds To Kirk Cameron: I’ll Let Others Decide If He Was ‘Stitched Up…Or Just A Bigot’ (mediaite.com)
- Piers Morgan Isn’t Having Kirk Cameron’s Victim ‘Moaning’: ‘I’ll Let Others Decide If He’s a Bigot’ (towleroad.com)
- Kirk Cameron Stands Behind Anti-Gay Comments, Blames Piers Morgan For Creating Hateful Soundbite (inquisitr.com)
- Kirk Cameron Clarifies Homosexuality Comments: “I Love All People” (seattlepi.com)
- Kirk Cameron Controversy Keeps Growing: Pains to Defend His Stance Against Homosexuality. (tinfoilhatman45.wordpress.com)
- Kirk Cameron clarifies alleged anti-gay remarks: ‘I love all people’ (digitalspy.co.uk)