I like to browse the ‘Freshly Pressed’ blogs. Sometimes I would find one that is thought provoking or a few that are just great reads and put a smile on my face. On occasions, I have clicked on more than a few that possessed none of those qualities, at least in my humble opinion. (Nothing wrong with that, mind you. I have re-read some of my own blogs and found them to be lacking in substance too. Blogging is serious work). The thing about those Freshly Pressed non-substance blogs though is that it seems that everyone feels compelled to click the ‘like’ button,make a comment and follow the blogger. Thankfully, I don’t feel such a compulsion. If I click ‘like’, make a comment or follow your blog, rest assured that I genuinely felt the blog. Not because it’s Freshly Pressed.
Like I said before, there is nothing wrong with a blog that does not hold everyone’s interest. Maybe what I find flat and boring is actually a good read to others. That’s why sometimes I have given a few blogs the benefit of the doubt by re-reading. Just to see if I missed anything. ”Well this one has 250 likes and pages and pages of comments so it really can’t be that bad. Maybe I am too dumb to get it. Boring blogs don’t have 300 plus followers, or do they?”
To the WordPress people, if I am ever considered for Freshly Pressed, can you please break protocol and give me prior warning? Just so I could squeeze out something readable. And you, if you ever come across a blog of mine that is Freshly Pressed, click ‘like’ ONLY if you think it’s likeable. (Maybe that’s what you have been doing all along and that’s why I don’t have that many likes…that would explain a few things).
Just another take.
- 8 reasons why I shouldn’t be Freshly Pressed (anerdslife.wordpress.com)
- Will I ever be Freshly Pressed? (debsanswers.wordpress.com)
- Me So Wanna Be Freshly Pressed “Make it Big in the USA Just because you are French” (frenchalacarteblog.wordpress.com)
- Born To Blog (caramieandtheboyz.wordpress.com)
- What The Hell Are They Thinking at FRESHLY PRESSED? # (evelyngarone.wordpress.com)
- Letting go of Freshly Pressed (bluegrassnotes.wordpress.com)
- Awards for the rest of us (year-struck.com)