Don’t mess with my clocks!
I am not a fan of DST. No, it’s not a sales tax. I am talking about Daylight Savings Time. I hate this ‘Spring forward, fall back’ crap that I have to endure every year in the pretext of saving energy.
I did a little digging around to see exactly how and when this silly practice came about and found out it was actually the brainchild of one Benjamin Franklin, ever heard of him? Well damn you, Benny! *Yawn*
So what are the benefits of this? Other than turning me into a zombie, it helps to keep employees so tired and confused that they fail to recognize when their bosses are screwing them around. When you are tired, you never argue. It saves energy because when we uhm…er…ok, forget that one. It helps us to maintain a healthy lifestyle by spending an extra hour outdoors, enjoying that extra hour of daylight. In fact, I did see an increase in my outdoor activities. NOT! I spend that extra hour indoor trying to catch up on my missing hour of sleep.
Ok, the verdict is in. Daylight savings is useless and a big waste of time and energy. It messes with our bodies as studies show. And…and…well…I just don’t like it.
- Daylight Saving Time Wastes Electricity (blogs.wsj.com)
- Mo. lawmaker proposes to end Daylight Saving time (fox4kc.com)
- Four things you might not know about Daylight Saving Time (which starts this Sunday) (news.nationalpost.com)
- Too tired to come up with a title, or Why I Hate Daylight Savings Time (jenniewho.wordpress.com)
- Viewpoints: Daylight saving messes with all kinds of clocks (sacbee.com)
- How Daylight Savings Is Costing Americans More Than an Hour of Sleep, According to New GoBankingRates.com Report (prweb.com)