Tell Ovechkin I’m Sorry
Done? Me done? With Ovechkin? I don’t think so. I admit, I was mad at him for his lackadaisical attitude on the ice and it drove me to write that I was done wearing his jersey in public. I was disappointed in him as he would have been if the situation was reversed.
Soon after writing my blog, ‘Tell Ovechkin I’m Done’, The Great 8 went on fire! Six goals and 3 assists in the last five games! Maybe he follows my blog… He also got the attention of the league, so much that he was named the week’s first star! Now that’s my boy!
I watched him play the first of back-to-back games against the Winnipeg Jets. He was nothing like the ‘drag-my-ass-around’ Ovechkin that I saw in his first game in the city. He had fire and purpose. I was happy. Welcome back sir!
When asked about his turnaround, Ovechkin had this to say:
“I just try to do my best,” Ovechkin said.
“Right now I’m scoring goals and I’m the king of the world. And a couple weeks ago I was almost in the toilet. So maybe you just forget to flush me.”
Sounds like the old Ovie I once knew! The line ‘I’m king of the world…’ reminds me of my other hero, the great Muhammad Ali.
Good luck Ovie! Keep on rolling and I’ll keep on wearing that jersey. If you are not done, then I’m not done, son.
Interestingly, Oveckin is fourth in the league for goals, (5 less than leader, Stamkos) and his total points are good enough for 10th. Pretty decent.
- Tell Ovechkin I’m Done! (myvuze.wordpress.com)
- Don’t ‘flush’ Ovechkin, Capitals away just yet (prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com)
- Ovechkin dominant in Capitals’ 4-0 win (shawglobalnews.wordpress.com)
- Holtby, Ovechkin help Capitals down Jets, 4-0 (miamiherald.com)
- Holtby and Ovechkin lift Capitals over Jets (theglobeandmail.com)
- CSN: Oates asks Ovechkin to ‘earn his keep’ (csnwashington.com)
- Alexander Ovechkin: ‘I’m King of the World. A Couple Weeks [Ago] I Was in the Toilet’ (nesn.com)